Your fully charged Lithium Ion Pod battery can last up to 4 days with minimal location refreshing and as an activity monitor only. With the use of additional features like Safe Zone and Adventure Recording the battery life expectancy will be lower. You can check your Pod’s battery life by looking on the Pet Screen on the app.
What affects the life of the battery?
- Is your Safe Zone turned on? One of the great features of the zone alerts is that they’re constantly updating the location of your pet at the refresh rate of your choice. It’s an important feature for those who have escape artists on their hands! The side effect is that this puts more strain on the battery life. Increasing the refresh rate will extend battery life. We recommend only keeping the zone alerts on when needed in order to save battery life.
- How good is the cellular reception in your area? Having limited cell reception where your Pod is can impact the battery life of your Pod. Just like your mobile phone, the more your Pod is struggling to find a cellular connection, the more battery is used up in the process. It is possible to have a pocket of your home (e.g. basement) where the reception is particularly low so it is best to keep your pet from these areas to avoid a rapid battery drain.
- Are you recording an Adventure? Recording your pet’s adventures is one of the most exciting features of Pod. Since this is tracking your pet’s location live every 10 seconds over the period of time, the life of your battery is reduced significantly. We recommend replacing the battery as soon as you complete an adventure to be sure your pet has a fresh battery at all times.
- So how much time will I get out of my Pod battery? Below is an indication of how long your battery will last given the feature usage: Live Location Refresh & Activity ONLY: 3-4 days, Zone alerts ON: 1 – 2 days, Adventure recording ON: 6-8 hours
Charging the Battery
The charging dock comes with a battery already attached to it.
- Insert the charging dock into any USB port.
- The orange light indicates the battery is charging.
- A green light indicates it is fully charged (which takes around 2 hours for an empty battery).
- Once the battery is charged, follow the instructions below to attach it to the Pod.
Removing and Replacing the Battery
Checking the battery level:
Want to know more?
- The battery may be a bit stiff at first, but this will loosen up with more use.
- It’s important the closed padlock and arrow line up completely so that the Pod seals correctly against moisture and the battery does not fall off during use
- The Pod’s battery indicator will only update when it has a chance to make contact with the server. If your Pod is in an area of low cell reception coverage, there may be a delay in update
- The Pod will send a push notification to you when the battery level reaches 15% as long as you have your notifications enabled.
- The Pod batteries do not come charged out of the box.