Pod has the ability to use your Home Wi-Fi connection to help locate itself more quickly and accurately while at home. When setup correctly, your Pod will show its location at the Home Icon on your map whenever it is in range of your Home Wi-Fi. When you configure the Pod with your home network name (SSID), you are telling the Pod that every time it is in range of your home network, your Pod is at home and it will not need to initialize all of the other location refresh services.
Setting up a Home Wi-Fi with your Pod has its added benefits:
- Less battery consumption (since you won’t be using GPS when in range of Home Wi-Fi and thus saving power.)
- Improves location refresh efficiency while at home
- Avoid false location alerts
Want to know more?
Tips & Tricks:
- You must make sure the Home Icon is positioned directly over the roof of your home. This Home Icon is where your Pod will show its location each time it picks up your Home Wi-Fi connection so it is important to position it in the correct location on the map.
- If you have a dual-band router, please be sure to connect to the 2.4Ghz connection as the Pod is not compatible with the 5Ghz connection