Let’s connect your Pod to the Home Wi-Fi to find your pet faster when they’re at home and to improve the battery life.
Connect Pod to Home Wi-Fi:
- Make sure the Pod is turned on and you’re at home with your phone connected to your Home Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the blue information bar on your Pet page that says ‘Setup home Wi-Fi’ to read through the tutorial. On the last page of the tutorial, click on ‘Setup Home Wi-Fi’.
- Your phone should display your Home Wi-Fi network if you’re connected to it. If not, it may show a list of Wi-Fi networks in the area so you can click on the name of your Home Wi-Fi. Click Save.If you have a dual-band router, please be sure to choose the 2.4Ghz connection as the Pod is not compatible with the 5Ghz connection.
- If the name of your Home Wi-Fi has not automatically populated, you can manually type in your network name. Enter the exact name of your Home WiFi connection (case sensitive). Enter your password as well. Click Save. If the Home Wi-Fi fails to connect, you will be able to click the red error bar on the Pet Screen to retry or to update the Home Wi-Fi name. The Pod does not use your Wi-Fi data – it will simply use the network to sync your Adventure and Activity data.
- The Pod will send a push notification to your phone letting you know it has been set up correctly.
Want to know more?
- Make sure your Home Icon is directly over the roof of your home. When your pet is within range of the Home Wi-Fi, it is considered within your Wi-Fi Zone and it will locate your pet directly where you have dropped the Home Wi-Fi pin. Therefore, it is very important that the home symbol has been placed directly over the roof of our home. If it is not, your pet may appear to be down the road or a few houses away until you correct it. You should see a pop-up explaining this within the app.
- If you do not have Wi-fi at home or you are using the original Pod 1 which does not have Wi-Fi capabilities, you will have the option to click ‘No Wi-Fi at Home’ on the last page of the tutorial.
- If you wish to change the Home Wi-Fi name, you will need to go to the pet Map page, click the options in the top right-hand corner, and then click Settings.
- If you’re traveling and staying in a home with a different Wi-Fi or you move house, you will need to connect to the new Home Wi-Fi in order for the Pod to update when your pet is at home.
- When scanning for your Home Wi-Fi networks on an iOS device, you will only be able to the Wi-Fi that your phone is connected to. When using an Android device, all Wi-Fi networks in range will appear.
Keywords: home wifi, home wi-fi, wifi, wi-fi, connect wifi, connect wi-fi