You can customize your Pod to automatically refresh your pet’s location to check that they’re safely within the Safe Zone you’ve setup. You can customize the time between checks to best suit you and your pet’s needs. The minimum refresh rate is 2 minutes and you can expect to get about 1 day of battery life (possibly less) when the Safe Zone is turned on at this rate. We recommend a minimum of 10 minutes which will increase your battery life expectancy to about 4 days.
To set or change your Safe Zone refresh rate, follow the below steps:
- Open your app to the Pet Screen
- Click into the Safe Zone bar to view your Safe Zone page
- Click the Options button (three dots) in the top right corner
- Click Set Safe Zone Refresh Rate
- Select the rate you’d like for your Safe Zone to automatically refresh your pet’s location
- Click Save
- Wait for the Pod to respond with update
*You’ll notice the Safe Zone bar turns grey to avoid sending conflicting messages to the Pod while it updates. It can take up to 2 minutes to complete the update and then will return to normal.