You may click the refresh button the Map screen at any time to see your pet’s current location.
Your First Locate:
- Click on the Map Screen in the app.
- You will see two buttons in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (buttons will be at the top for Android users). Click the Refresh circle-arrow icon
- The first time you click this Refresh button you will be taken through a tutorial which explains the buttons and how the Pod is located.
- The Pod will update the location of your pet using the following technologies: Bluetooth: The Pod will use Bluetooth to locate your pet when your phone is in close range to the Pod. GPS: The Pod will need direct line of sight with the satellites in the sky in order to get a GPS location. Wi-Fi: The Pod can get a location using your Home Wi-Fi and surrounding networks in the area. Home Wi-Fi: When your Pod is within the Wi-Fi Zone, it will refresh your pet’s location to be ‘At Home’. Surrounding Wi-Fi Networks: When your Pod is not within range of the Home Wi-Fi and it does not have a direct line of sight with the satellites in the sky, it will pick up surrounding Wi-Fi networks in the neighborhood and establish a location via Wi-Fi triangulation.
- Once you click the Refresh button, the Pod will say ‘Refreshing’ in the top bar by your pet’s photo. The location will update itself continuously for 2 minutes. During this time you will not be able to refresh again.
- Once it has successfully refreshed the location, it will say ‘Found’. You will see your pet on the map with a faint blue circle around the location to show the accuracy of the position.
- You can refresh again after 2 minutes if required.
Want to know more?
- The Pod needs cell reception to connect. If the refresh request gets through to the Pod, the Pod will try to locate itself with both Wi-Fi and GPS. It will look for your Home Wi-Fi first, then GPS then will resort to surrounding Wi-Fi connections to triangulate a location.
- When you refresh your pet’s location, your pet will have a blue circle around its location which shows the accuracy of the position. All GPS devices will be accurate to around +/- 10m (30 feet), and all Wi-Fi location devices will be accurate to around +/- 25m (60feet). There is no GPS device that can pinpoint locate. Pod can get you within calling and hearing distance of your pet or closer.