The Pod can be set to 1 of 3 modes from within the app. The Pod will be in Standby by default when the customer receives it.
Standby is the default mode and simply means that Safe Zone and Adventures are both turned off. The user can locate the pet at any time in this mode with the "refresh" button. It will also attempt to auto-locate your pet every three hours.
- Auto-locates: Every 3 hours
- Battery life: 4 - 5 days
- Provides minimal location data
Safe Zone Mode
The Pod is in Safe Zone mode when the Safe Zone toggle switch is ON. Pod checks the location every 5 minutes (or whatever interval the user has set) to see if your pet is in or out of the defined Safe Zone perimeter, and sends the user a push notification if the pet has left the Safe Zone. The user can still manually locate the pet when the Safe Zone is turned on. The Safe Zone can be turned off or on at any time by the user.
- Auto-locates: Every 5 minutes by default; a custom time interval can be set by the user from 2 minutes to 2 hours
- Battery life: 1.5 - 2 days
- Notification sent when pet is outside of Safe Zone
Note: the Pod will not notify user immediately of an escape - it will only check as often as the time interval is set.
When Adventures are being recorded, Pod is in a high intensity tracking mode which stores a GPS location every 10 seconds. A customer could use this mode when walking the dog or if they want to record a cat’s movements at night. When the user’s mobile device is in range of the Pod, this data will auto-sync via Bluetooth and then they can view their adventures. Toggle the Adventure Recording to ON to track a pet and toggle OFF to complete the recording and begin syncing.
- Auto-locates: Every 10 seconds
- Battery life: 8 - 10 hours
- Safe Zone alerts are disabled when in Adventure mode, but the user can still perform manual locates.
Note: user will not see live data - it must be synced first in order to view.